Wednesday, June 17, 2009

jeux d'enfants: the Dare of Dares

I absolutely adore this movie, and the ending scene breaks my heart. Some spoilers here but if this makes you want to watch the actual movie, then that's better than not at all.

Sophie and Julian are childhood friends. They have an ongoing game where whoever is in possession of the tin box gets to dare the other to perform dangerous tasks. As they get older, the games get more dangerous, until they start playing with... well, each other's hearts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn3shdL0kqM
In this scene, which I admit I have seen 56 times, Sophie and Julian decide on a final solution to end their cruel game once and for all. Sigh. I cry every time.

Julien (Canet) & Sophie (Cotillard) Photo: Paramount Classics
from www.film-forward.com
Love Me If You Dare/Jeux d'enfants

No comments:

Post a Comment