Thursday, March 10, 2011

(at the rodeo) dream it anyway.

You can chase a dream that seems so out of reachAnd you know it might not ever come your wayDream it anyway
Martina McBride "Do It Anyway"
I went to the Houston Livestock Show & radio yesterday and had so much fun. First of all, I had been dying to try fried anything, so I had a fried snickers which was, well, with the gooey chocolate and nuts and soft dough with sugar on top, delicious.




We watched mutton bustin', which is 5-year-old's grabbing onto the backs of lambs and trying to hold on (the screen is a close-up of a boy holding onto the lamb).



And Martina McBride, whose only song I know is "This One's for the Girls" sang a bunch of inspirational and fun songs, one of which I really enjoyed is quoted here.


She just had so much energy and owned the entire stage!


I had two "interviews" today, and in one I was asked to describe myself in one word. I chose "grateful". After the interview, I was thinking to myself, why didn't I choose other better words like "ambitious" or "goal-oriented" or "compassionate" or "adventurous"? My choice seems odd in comparison to other words that someone would use to describe a good employee. But with the entire day to think about my initial choice- the word just burst into thought- I am slowly nodding my head. I am grateful, that everything that's happened has happened(good and bad) and consider myself lucky to have all these learning experiences.


We made it on our college newspaper! We're engrossed in our delicious fried snickers experience and not even aware of the camera:

No comments:

Post a Comment