Sunday, August 21, 2011

baked goods before first day of class!

I have my first day of class tomorrow! I am still a non-student, but I decided to take an interesting class in the Earth Science department. I figured should know something about the earth and its chemistry since I work here. This weekend was filled with many baked goods! I spent my Friday and Saturday in Sugar Land and used this old-school oven to bake some very dense buttery muffins.
Actual buttons and knobs?
My friend hosted a chili & bread dinner at his house today (he claims he had a quarterlife crisis because "I bought a BMW and am now moving across the country!"). I think next time he has a legitimate midlife crisis, he should open a bread shop and make these three-pound loafs all day- they were so good! The perfect amount of chewiness and softness... mmmm heaven.
look at that soft, chewy inside- pour some butter on me...
three pounds of pure deliciousness
I missed hanging out with other bio people- the entire evening we chatted about silly health products seen in pharmacies ("this contains the same amino acids as whatever-hormone") and discussed how parts don't equal the whole ("How about we ingest some sodium and then chloride? Because table salt is tasty"). Dorkiest thing ever, I know, but when you have graduate students(bioe and medical) plus a sprinkle of scientists in the room, dinner conversations take interesting turns. Classes start tomorrow both for Little Brother & me- I am excited to be learning new things, especially about a subject I hardly know anything about.

No comments:

Post a Comment