Sunday, July 10, 2011

Atlantis- eight and a half minutes into orbit.

Friday morning, I took a quick break from my morning task to watch the launch of Atlantis, the live stream from NASA TV to watch the launch of the final manned shuttle to outer space.
 
I learned 1) It takes eight and a half minutes for the space shuttle to reach orbit- must be some of the longest eight and a half minutes of the astronaut's lives! 2) The weather in not only Florida but also Houston and California matters so that if things go wrong, the contingency plan will be cleared.

We're living through history! I guess it is always true no matter when you are alive, but end of the oldest tabloid newspaper, birth of a new nation ending decades of war, and the possibly-last shuttle launch... I feel alive.

Oh, and let's not forget Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- our school is hosting a private early premiere again. I'll be strolling into the theatre to watch HP7-2 at 6:30PM on Thursday- this is the thought that's keeping me going this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment