Sunday, September 11, 2011

remembering 9/11/01.

My memory of 9/11 is waking up to the sound of television in the living room. I was living in Bundang at the time, and I walked out to find my parents watching the news which was playing the horrible video clip over and over again. I woke up the next morning and remember thinking maybe I'd dreamed about the whole incident. I had no idea that this incident and subsequent wars would change my life too.
streets near West U elementary

One of the most striking thing I heard about 9/11 was this: when the earthquake hit DC couple of weeks ago, many people wondered if this was another terrorist attack. It is this sense of personal safety that was invaded with 9/11 ten years ago. I woke up today to three missed calls, and my first response was to turn on the news to see if anything had happened.
Take a drive down University- it's hard not to feel patriotic.

This week, the street I drive home to are lined with flags to remember 9/11. You know how everyone thinks it is cheesy at pageants when the contests answer "world peace" as their one wish? I sincerely hope that people can put their ignorance and stubborn beliefs aside and live in peace. Why do we make bombs and weapons anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment